Kalamazoo Horizontal Bandsaw For Sale
UPDATE: This Saw is *SOLD*
Kalamazoo Model P-45 Horizontal Bandsaw
– 3ph motor (Probably 1HP, but the motor plate is AWOL. A VFD would run it, or a 1ph motor could be swapped in)
– Looks like it will do about a 14-18″ long cut (I’ll actually get a measuring tape and update this in a bit)
– Comes with a (non stock) coolant pump and a lovely metal tub as a coolant reservoir.
I’ve been looking for a manual, but haven’t found one yet. The instructions sheet under the lid is a little worse for wear, but it’s a pretty simple machine. There are a couple of YouTube videos showing restoration of this model saw from Keith Rucker of VintageMachinery. They give a good overview of these saws.
Things that it needs:
– One guide bearing (that my finger is pointing to in the pic)
– Drop cylinder needs to be cleaned up, refilled, and bled. I may get this done if it’s here for a few days more.
– A new blade (the one on it is probably 18-24TPI and DEAD)
– Some general cleanup (I haven’t done anything to clean it up as I figure that the new owner would want to do that like I would. That said, if it hangs around very long it will get cleaned up and the price will go up with that. )
– Some adjustment of the stop switch, It’s basically a screw that hits the stop button. A longer screw would do it, or replacement with a slightly less used stop button. (forgot to get a picture of this. I can if you want.)
I tried a test cut or two and it looks like it will cut straight, but the blade just wouldn’t finish the job without forcing it a bunch, which would guarantee a crooked cut.
$500 ($450 if you want to pickup or pay before Friday)
You pick up in Hanover, PA
I MAY deliver nearby if you have a way to unload it, or ship via freight if you just have to have it, but cost of palletizing, etc. would be passed on to you.
Kalamazoo Horizontal Bandsaw For Sale — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>